1. As of noon trading, Dollar General Corporation ( DG) is down $1.11 (-2.1%) to $51.11 on average volume Thus far, 3.4 million shares of Dollar General Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $50.77-$51.56 after having opened the day at $50.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.22. Dollar General Corporation operates as a discount retailer primarily in the southern, southwestern, midwestern, and eastern United States. Dollar General Corporation has a market cap of $16.8 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 18.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Dollar General Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dollar General Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Dollar General Corporation Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts