1. As of noon trading, Target ( TGT) is up $0.92 (1.3%) to $69.53 on average volume Thus far, 2.6 million shares of Target exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $68.49-$69.84 after having opened the day at $68.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.61. Target Corporation operates general merchandise stores in the United States. Target has a market cap of $43.9 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Target a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Target as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Target Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts