1. As of noon trading, Halliburton Company ( HAL) is up $0.42 (1.0%) to $40.55 on light volume Thus far, 3.7 million shares of Halliburton Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $39.63-$40.64 after having opened the day at $39.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.13. Halliburton Company provides a range of services and products for the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas. The company operates in two segments, Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation. Halliburton Company has a market cap of $36.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate Halliburton Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Halliburton Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Halliburton Company Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the energy industry could consider Energy Select Sector SPDR ( XLE) while those bearish on the energy industry could consider Proshares Short Oil & Gas ( DDG). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts