J. Craig Venter Named MRIGlobal 2013 Citation Award Winner
Preeminent Scientist Will Receive Honor at Annual Dinner on Sept. 4, 2013.
KANSAS CITY, Mo., March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The MRIGlobal Board of Directors and Trustees today announced that it will present its annual Citation Award this year to J. Craig Venter, Ph.D., one of the leading scientists of the 21 st century.
Dr. Venter is the Founder, Chairman, and Chief Executive Officer of the J. Craig Venter Institute, a not-for-profit research organization dedicated to human, microbial, plant, synthetic, and environmental research. He also is Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Synthetic Genomics Inc., a privately held company dedicated to commercializing genomic-driven solutions to energy sources, food and nutritional products, and next-generation vaccines.
The MRIGlobal Citation Award is presented annually to one who exemplifies leadership in science, business, academia, or the arts." J. Craig Venter is a modern pioneer, developing groundbreaking advances as the first to sequence the human genome and create self-replicating synthetic life," said William A. Hall, Chairman of the MRIGlobal Board of Directors and Trustees. "It is our honor to recognize him for his inspiring legacy of contributions to science." Dr. Venter will receive the award at the MRIGlobal Annual Dinner, which will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday, September 4, at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel, 2345 Grand Blvd., Kansas City. For more information and to make a reservation for the event, visit www.mriglobal.org/dinner. SOURCE MRIGlobal
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV