Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances
A specialty retailer that insiders are buying a decent amount of stock in is Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances (ULTA), a beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for mass and salon products and salon services in the U.S. Insiders are buying this stock into notable weakness, since shares are off by 18% so far in 2013.
Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances has a market cap of $5.12 billion and an enterprise value $4.63 billion. This stock trades at a reasonable valuation, with a tailing price-to-earnings of 29.88 and a forward price-to-earnings of 19.25. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 23.5%, and for next year it's pegged at 25.7%. This is a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $320.48 million and its total debt is zero.A director just bought 10,000 shares, or about $754,000 worth of stock, at $75.44 per share. From a technical perspective, ULTA is currently trending below both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bearish. This stock recently gapped down from over $89 to $72.51 a share with heavy downside volume. Following that move, shares of ULTA have started to rebound strongly and fill some of that gap above its gap down day high of $76.93 a share. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ULTA as long as it's trending above $76.93 a share with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above its three-month average action of 1.37 million shares as bullish. If ULTA can maintain that trend, then this stock could fill much more of that previous gap down zone that started at $89.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV