Another stock that insiders are jumping into here is Cardica (CRDC), which is focused on the design, manufacture and marketing of proprietary automated anastomotic systems used by cardiac surgeons to perform coronary bypass surgery. Insiders are buying this stock into strength, since shares are up 20% so far in 2013.
Cardica has a market cap of $47 million and an enterprise value of $41 million. This stock trades at a premium valuation, with a price-to-sales of 13.14 and a price-to-book of 10.92. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 6.8%, and for next year it's pegged at 29.3%. This is barely a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $6.66 million and its total debt is $2.65 millionA beneficial owner just bought 981,736 shares, or about $1.03 million worth of stock, at $1.05 per share. From a technical perspective, CRDC is currently trending below both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bearish. This stock has been trending sideways for the last few weeks, with shares moving between $1.42 on the upside and $1.13 on the downside. A high-volume move above the upper-end of its recent range could trigger a near-term breakout trade for shares of CRDC. If you're in the bull camp on CRDC, then look for long-biased as long as this stock is trending above some key near-term support levels at $1.21 to $1.13 and then once it breaks out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $1.35 to $1.45 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above its three-month average action of 86,393 shares. If that breakout triggers, then CRDC will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $1.62 to $1.83 a share. Any high-volume move above $1.83 could then send shares of CRDC above $2 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV