EV Energy Partner (NASDAQ: EVEP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.70%. EV Energy Partners, L.P. engages in the acquisition, development, and production of oil and natural gas properties in the United States. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate EV Energy Partner a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for EV Energy Partner has been 322,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. EV Energy Partner has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 4.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates EV Energy Partner as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $34.48 million or 3.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, EV ENERGY PARTNERS LP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 29.14%.
- 39.90% is the gross profit margin for EV ENERGY PARTNERS LP which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, EVEP's net profit margin of -13.08% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 202.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $9.66 million to -$9.88 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, EV ENERGY PARTNERS LP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full EV Energy Partner Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts