5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks
Brandywine Realty (NYSE: BDN) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.10%. Brandywine Realty Trust is a publicly owned real estate investment firm. The firm engages in the engaged in the ownership, management, leasing, acquisition, and development of office and industrial properties. It primarily manages Class-A, suburban and urban office portfolio. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Brandywine Realty a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Brandywine Realty has been 2,012,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Brandywine Realty has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 21.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Brandywine Realty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, BDN's share price has jumped by 27.65%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- BDN's revenue growth trails the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 518.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$4.24 million to -$26.21 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, BRANDYWINE REALTY TRUST's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Brandywine Realty Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV