American Capital Mortgage Investment (NASDAQ: MTGE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 14.30%. American Capital Mortgage Investment Corp. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 2.84. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate American Capital Mortgage Investment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for American Capital Mortgage Investment has been 1,460,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. American Capital Mortgage Investment has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 7.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates American Capital Mortgage Investment as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been the company's poor growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AMERICAN CAPITAL MTG INV CP's earnings per share declined by 18.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMERICAN CAPITAL MTG INV CP increased its bottom line by earning $8.40 versus $1.72 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 58.3% in earnings ($3.50 versus $8.40).
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is higher, and it has outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Regardless of the rise in share value over the previous year, we feel that the risks involved in investing in this stock do not compensate for any future upside potential.
- The gross profit margin for AMERICAN CAPITAL MTG INV CP is currently very high, coming in at 93.10%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 76.53% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 192.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $17.20 million to $50.39 million.
- You can view the full American Capital Mortgage Investment Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts