4 Reasons Not to Buy Stocks in 2013
The saving grace comes from timeframes. Wall Street's strategists have much shorter timeframes than most retail and institutional investors do -- and so they tend to be more reactive to recent price action. With investment newsletter writers, money managers and individual investors still looking pretty anxious about the market right now, it's way too early to call for a sentiment top.
2. QE Won't Last Forever
A more valid bear argument is the fact that the Fed's programs of quantitative easing -- or QE -- won't last forever. The Fed has been taking a two-pronged approach to boosting equity markets since the financial crisis of 2008 reared its head, shoving interest rates down near zero and directly pumping cash into the market with efforts such as QE3 and Operation Twist.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV