HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J., March 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation (Nasdaq:NYMX) reported today that the Company's FDA Cleared NicAlert™ product continues to achieve widespread acceptance around the world as an important tool in tobacco-related research studies and programs in a broad range of healthcare areas. Researchers in the UK, Canada, Holland, Switzerland, Australia, Brazil, India, and Hong Kong as well as those in major research institutions across the U.S. are employing NicAlert™ in their studies as reported in many new and recent peer-reviewed publications.
NicAlert™ testing has been used in such areas as:
- studies of the effectiveness of tobacco cessation programs (e.g. Addictive Behaviors March 2013; 38 1792–1795; Journal of Perinatology (2012) 32, 374–380; J Am Board Fam Med. 2013 Jan-Feb;26(1):61-70);
- the extent of exposure to secondhand smoke by children of smokers (Thorax 2013 online publication February 10, 2013);
- the accuracy of NicAlert™ to verify smoking status in patients about to undergo surgery (Nicotine Tob Res. 2013 Mar 20. [Epub ahead of print]); and
- the use of saliva NicAlert™ for confirmation of smoking status by dentists treating periodontal disease (J Indian Soc Periodontol. 2012 Oct-Dec;16(4): 508–512).
NicAlert™ received clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to measure tobacco use and exposure and achieved certification for sale in the European Union with the CE Mark. The saliva-based version of NicAlert™ has achieved certification with the CE Mark, permitting its sale in the European Union. TobacAlert™ which employs the same technology is available for non-medical use as an over-the counter product in the U.S. for detecting second-hand smoke exposure using urine samples."NicAlert™ provides a quick, simple, and inexpensive means for companies, universities, hospitals and research institutions to verify smoking status and obtain a semi-quantitative measure of a person's level of tobacco use or exposure," said Brian Doyle, Nymox's Director of Business Development. "NicAlert™ testing does not require special training and can deliver accurate results on site in a matter of minutes. Now researchers and staff can screen potential subjects in a matter of minutes rather than having to wait hours or days for the results to come back from the lab. This generates efficiency and saves time and expense for all concerned."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV