College Student's Big-Hearted Idea Has Flourished Into 3rd Annual "World Backup Day"
"Digital media is core to the lives and livelihoods of millions," said Matthew Dornquast, CEO of CrashPlan developer Code 42 Software. "The partnership with World Backup Day aligns perfectly with our mission to deliver easy and secure backup solutions for consumers and businesses alike."
Key points about backing up data from WorldBackupDay.com:
- Items to backup: Your computer, laptop, phone, iPod, tablet, other wireless devices, photos and videos on social networks.
- Common ways to lose data: Theft, hardware failure, natural disaster, alien invasion, obsolete file formats, you forgot where you put it (really, it has happened).
- Backup options: Backing up is easy. Once set up, your data should be backing up automatically. There are two main types of backup solutions:
- Local backup: An external hard drive that can be easily retrieved at home.
- Cloud/offsite backup: An online backup service or hard drive securely placed in a different location.
- Having both local and offsite backups gives you piece of mind knowing your files are safe and secure.
For more information on World Backup Day, exclusive deals, and giveaways, visit www.WorldBackupDay.com. To become part of the conversation, check out @WorldBackupDay on Twitter, Facebook.com/WorldBackupDay on Facebook, worldbackupday.tumblr.com on Tumblr, and www.reddit.com.
About Code 42 Software, Inc.Code 42 Software, a privately held company based in Minneapolis, Minn., has been developing software to protect the world's data since 2001. Code 42 offers enterprise backup, CrashPlan PROe, which is being used by thousands of companies around the world to safeguard their data. CrashPlan and CrashPlan PRO offer industry-leading backup software for homes and small businesses. All products offer multi-destination, cross-platform backup to both public and managed private clouds. For more information, visit www.code42.com. SOURCE reddit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV