Walton Family Foundation Announces Education Reformers To Watch
Foundation to recognize individuals whose work will empower families with high-quality, publicly funded educational options
BENTONVILLE, Ark., March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In order to recognize individuals successfully empowering parents with the choice of high-quality, publicly funded educational options, the Walton Family Foundation launched its Education Reformers to Watch program today. Having invested more than $1 billion in education reform, the foundation is the largest donor to initiatives that support parental choice and competition within education.
Four times a year the foundation will recognize four individuals who are creating and advocating for high-quality choices for parents. Education Reformers to Watch honorees may direct a $10,000 grant from the Walton Family Foundation to a non-profit education reform organization of their choice. The foundation is also seeking nominations for Education Reformers to Watch at www.educationreformerstowatch.com.
"We are seeing powerful momentum in the national movement to empower parents with more and more choices of high-quality schools," said Ed Kirby, deputy director of the foundation's K-12 education reform initiative. "We are focusing attention on these four reform leaders as they execute big and bold strategies to help tens of thousands of families gain access to publicly funded, high-quality schools of all types, from traditional public schools to public charter schools to private schools."The inaugural Education Reformers to Watch for the first quarter of 2013 are:
- Darrell Allison, President, Parents for Educational Freedom in North Carolina.
- Mark Gleason, Executive Director, Philadelphia School Partnership.
- Jason Kloth, Deputy Mayor, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Lisa Macfarlane, Director, Washington State Education Reform Now/Democrats for Education Reform.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV