The 2014 Highlander mid-sized SUV was unveiled Wednesday morning.
Highlander sold 121,055 units in 2012, making it Toyota's second best-selling SUV after the Rav4, which sold 171,877 units.
"Highlander has been a major success for Toyota and is one of the pillars of their franchise," Nerad said. "They want to maintain their position there." The segment provides stiff competition from Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot and other vehicles.Toyota said the 2014 Highlander has a new, sleek exterior design, a premium interior, six-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift on V6 models, available advanced safety features and three-row seating for up to eight people. It is assembled in Princeton, Ind. Follow @tedreednc -- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV