Like Cadillac, Buick is having a revival this year. The TV advertisements with Shaquille O'Neal are generating buzz and the brand is showing two refreshed vehicles in New York, the LaCrosse and the Regal.
GM's Bell said people questioned why the brand survived the bankruptcy restructuring, when Pontiac and Saturn did not, but the answer, of course, was China. "Buick is a monster in China," he said.
The refreshed LaCrosse was, in fact, "designed with China in mind," Bell said. "It personifies what people there expect in a big sedan."Nerad said the LaCrosse "is right in the middle of the brand's sweet spot: a large sedan. When people think of the quintessential Buick, they think of that (segment). Launching it here (in New York) shows that Buick has confidence."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV