San Francisco-Based Uber Opens Location In Downtown Detroit's Growing Tech Hub
DETROIT, March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Inspired by the entrepreneurial revival in a city built on transportation, San Francisco-based Uber Technologies Inc., one of the hottest tech companies in the country, today announced the launch of its on-demand luxury car service in Detroit's fast-growing tech hub.
Uber.com provides affordable luxury transportation through an efficient technology-centered approach. Using a smartphone app and real-time GPS technology, clients are able to request a car that arrives within minutes, with no need to waste time paying cash or waiting for a credit card to be processed, as the fare is automatically paid for through the account on file with the app. The payment fee even covers the tip, eliminating all need for cash.
"This is an opportune time to open shop in Detroit," said Uber Launch Specialist Chan Park. "We are very excited about playing a role in Detroit's transformation by bringing our innovative technology that revolutionizes the way people get around, with convenience and in style."
Uber was founded by Travis Kalanick and Garrett Camp in 2009, was rated Fast Company's "2013 Most Innovative Company in Mobile," and has rapidly expanded to more than 29 cities internationally today."Our technology allows customers to move around the city easily and empowers our local partner transportation companies to expand their customer base," said Park, adding that Uber offers variable pricing based on distance as well as traffic conditions for luxury sedans and SUVs. "You don't have to worry about any unknowns when you call for a car," Park said. "With Uber you know when and how you are going to get picked up because you can watch your driver coming toward you on the map interface. There is even a rating system that allows you to see the quality of the driver."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV