TE Connectivity today announced the launch of a new breed of network infrastructure management support. Driven by the demand and popularity of mobile, always connected and always available device-driven technologies, TE has created the Infrastructure Configuration Manager (ICM) mobile app for tighter control of customers’ physical networks. The ICM mobile app is a tool for use with an active ICM software system, linking to the ICM server to coordinate planned work orders and provide direct technician messaging and responses. The mobile app is now available, free for a limited time, on iTunes.
ICM is the software that powers TE’s managed connectivity solutions, designed to give network operators a higher level of visibility into their physical network. ICM is a real-time, fully automated physical layer documentation system and a complete application for managing work orders, network topology, level 2 discovery, reporting and alarms. According to a Gartner Group study, 59 percent of unplanned network downtime occurs in the physical layer and 28 percent of data center outages are caused by human error by mistakenly making changes in the physical layer. 1 TE’s managed connectivity platforms – ICM software and Quareo connection point identification (CPID) technology – were engineered expressly for monitoring and managing the physical layer of network infrastructure. The ICM mobile app takes this industry-leading technology to the next level.
“ICM mobile is a next-generation tool for network infrastructure management,” said Gene Malone, ICM product manager within TE’s Enterprise Networks business unit. “Network managers have come to understand how important the physical layer is to the overall reliability and performance of their networks, and realize that there is little visibility into this layer. The ICM mobile app is a device-based tool that can provide an instant, real-time view of the network and render it transparent.”
The ICM mobile app, in conjunction with an active ICM system, provides unprecedented management, details and control of the Information Transport System (ITS). The app features:
- Work order selection listing
- Work order synchronization
- Work order/LED activation controls
- Work order step selector/manager
- Auto-detect completion indicators
- Manual completion indicators
- Response attachment handling
- Incident response logging
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV