WAYNESBORO, Va. and PARIS, March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NTELOS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ: NTLS), a Virginia-based regional mobile operator in the United States, and Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) today announced plans to provide improved wireless data speeds and quality of service across portions of the nTelos Wireless network.
nTelos Wireless – which operates in the states of Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Kentucky, and North Carolina - plans to launch the Alcatel-Lucent-enabled 4G LTE services before the end of 2013 in select markets.
- 4G/LTE will enable faster download speeds, streaming video, and support a host of other wireless high-speed revenue-generating applications.
- nTelos Wireless is deploying Alcatel-Lucent's 4G LTE solutions, including multi-technology base stations equipped with Remote Radio Head (RRH) technology, and much of Alcatel-Lucent's Evolved Packet Core infrastructure. Close to 200 existing CDMA 3G-1X base stations will be replaced with Alcatel-Lucent's CDMA 3G and EVDO Rev A base stations to provide high speed wireless data services in areas where it is not available today.
- Alcatel-Lucent is providing nTelos Wireless with a comprehensive set of professional services including engineering, installation, integration, and project management for both network upgrades. nTelos Wireless will also use our Remote Integration and Test Center (RITC) to speed time to market by delivering rapid LTE integration services.
Quotes:Bobby McAvoy, Senior Vice President, Wireless Engineering and Operations for nTelos said: "Our customers expect both world class service as well as market-leading value. By enabling the launch of 4G LTE service in select markets while upgrading the 3G CDMA experience for all of our customers, Alcatel-Lucent will allow us to fulfill those expectations both now and into the future." Charles Marsh, Vice President of North America Sales, Alcatel-Lucent said: "nTelos Wireless has established an enviable position as an industry leader in an extremely competitive market by delivering the level of service customers want at a reasonable price. Our solutions and considerable global deployment experience, backed by Bell Labs technology and innovations, will help nTelos deliver on its commitment on both its 4G LTE and 3G CDMA networks." Additional Information:
- LTE Now Video: bit.ly/VUtAYI
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts