PartnerRe Ltd. (NYSE: PRE) today announced that Laurie Desmet has been appointed to PartnerRe’s executive management committee effective April 1. Ms. Desmet will serve as Chief Operations Officer, Group and will have executive responsibility of PartnerRe’s operations support worldwide.
Ms. Desmet has more than 28 years of experience, both in public accounting and the re/insurance industry. She joined PartnerRe in 2004 as Chief Accounting Officer, Group and was appointed Chief Operations Officer of the Company’s Global operations in 2010. Prior to joining PartnerRe, Ms. Desmet worked for Converium as Chief Accounting Officer and Ernst & Young as Senior Manager.
PartnerRe Ltd. President and CEO, Costas Miranthis said, “I am very pleased to see Laurie join our executive team. I have worked with Laurie for many years and I know we will all benefit from her strong operational skills and sound business judgment.”
PartnerRe Ltd. is a leading global reinsurer, providing multi-line reinsurance to insurance companies. The Company, through its wholly owned subsidiaries, also offers capital markets products that include weather and credit protection to financial, industrial and service companies. Risks reinsured include property, casualty, motor, agriculture, aviation/space, catastrophe, credit/surety, engineering, energy, marine, specialty property, specialty casualty, multiline and other lines in its Non-life operations, mortality, longevity and accident and health in its Life operations, and alternative risk products. For the year ended December 31, 2012, total revenues were $5.6 billion. At December 31, 2012, total assets were $23.0 billion, total capital was $7.7 billion and total shareholders’ equity was $6.9 billion.PartnerRe on the Internet: www.partnerre.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV