A Portrait Of Akihisa Hirata (C) Luca Gabino
Milano Salone - held every April in Milan, Italy - is one of the world's largest design exhibitions. This year will mark the sixth consecutive year of Panasonic's participation in the event, which attracts next-generation creators and pundits from around the globe. As a corporation firmly at the forefront of developing energy solutions for the future, Panasonic (NYSE:PC)(TOKYO:6752) is continually evaluating its presence on the world stage.
A Portrait of Akihisa Hirata (C) Luca Gabino
For the second straight year, architect Akihisa Hirata was chosen to design Panasonic's installation, which will be a massive 30-meter energy landscape that leads into a hallway of a building at the prestigious University of Milan.
[VIDEO] Architect, Akihisa Hirata explains the concept, "Energetic Energies" [FEATURE STORY] Solar Panels Shaping the Look of Cities and Energy Resources in the Future [PRESS KIT] Milano Salone 2013 | Panasonic News Portal (News Releases, Images, Maps, etc. are available to download)
About the Concept The installation features cubes that represent buildings clustered in a city. Numerous solar panels cover the cubes like lush vegetation covering hills, while shadows of clouds pass over the hills.When viewing the installation, one is struck by its conceptual similarity to a vibrant city of the future where artificial solar panels integrate seamlessly with nature. The overall effect is designed to convey a sense of inclusiveness, a world in which city and nature exist in harmony, with natural energy amply and efficiently available to all. Last year's exhibition showcased a new solution that melded the concepts of generation, reservation and conservation of energy into a unified theme to simulate one of the fundamentals of our ecosystem: photosynthesis. This year's installation expands on this.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV