Association Of Realtors Offers Tips Home Owners
LUBBOCK, Texas, March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Attention to detail and proper preparation can alleviate much of the stress and save time for first-time home buyers.
Coby Crump, President of the Lubbock Association of Realtors said to keep in mind personal finances, the bigger picture, and professional assistance to make for a smooth sale.
Before even beginning to look at the first house, Crump said, it would behoove buyers to sit down and consider their financial situation.
"You can waste a lot of time if you view homes without knowing what you can really afford," Crump said.In addition to monthly payments and a down payment, it is important to consider property taxes and insurance. A realtor can be beneficial in assessing one's finances. "When considering finances, ensure to get pre-approved for any loans," he said. "This allows the comfort to search for homes in a buyer's price range. It can also show a seller that he or she is interested and serious, and can allow for an offer to be made quickly." Crump added to keep in mind the bigger picture and ultimate goal when faced with annoyances or hiccups in the process. Be realistic and be prepared to make minor concessions. "You don't have to set low expectations about your home purchase," he said. "Just know that you may need to give a little on one of your search criteria." With all hiccups or potential problems, it is helpful to have professional assistance; and this includes a professional inspector and a realtor. A professional inspector can determine what needs to be repaired or replaced. A realtor will prove to be an invaluable partner for the duration of your buying experience. A realtor belonging to the National Association of Realtors is held to a high standard of ethics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV