Charles Schwab is making it even easier for investors to sharpen their trading skills. As part of its continuing commitment to investor education, Schwab will host a virtual education event for active traders on Thursday, March 28, 2013. Workshops on essential trading topics such as navigating today’s markets, stock selection and chart pattern recognition will be streamed live and free of charge, over the internet.
“With the stock market hovering around all-time highs, our active trader clients tell us they want a better understanding of the current trading landscape and are seeking new strategies for success,” said Kelli Keough, Senior Vice President for Client Experience at Charles Schwab. “By offering this type of guidance in a virtual online environment, we are giving traders a chance to gain valuable market insight without having to leave the comfort of their home or office.”
Schwab’s latest virtual trader event will stream live from Denver, Colorado, on Thursday, March 28, 2013. Anyone interested in joining this free virtual event can visit www.schwab.com/traderevent to register. The educational workshops include:
- 5:00 – 6:00 PM MDT: “Trading in Today’s Markets with a Focus on Q1 2013,” with Randy Frederick, Managing Director of Active Trading and Derivatives at the Schwab Center for Financial Research.
- 6:15 – 7:15 PM MDT: “Stock Selection for Traders.”
- 7:30 – 8:30 PM MDT: “Chart Pattern Recognition in StreetSmart Edge®.”
Between workshops, online participants can download event materials from the Resource Library and visit the virtual Exhibit Hall to chat with Schwab representatives.Schwab’s virtual trader events are the latest enhancement to the robust educational resources available to Schwab clients. Schwab also offers live in-branch educational workshops, live online workshops and on-demand online webinars. The Schwab Learning Center provides clients with access to a broad range of educational content for various skill levels—including articles and pre-recorded seminars, as well as live events and webcasts—all in a central location. The Learning Center also offers clients an Active Trader catalog, which provides educational resources on a range of trading topics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV