NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. ( NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, is offering a special limited time deal on select NOOK Books to coincide with the annual Tournament of Books. The competition, in which two works of fiction from 2012 go head to head each day, is run by The Morning News ( www.themorningnews.org/tob), an online magazine of essays, art and humor. It features judges and publishing industry experts picking a winner each day until one book is crowned the champion. The Tournament of Books NOOK offer features discounted bestselling titles from competing authors and judges, including The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, The Financial Lives of the Poets by Jess Walter, Ticknor by Sheila Heti and more, available in the NOOK Store™ starting at just $2.99. The offer runs until Friday, March 29. For more information, customers can visit Bn.com/tournamentofbooks.
“We’re excited to sponsor this year’s Tournament of Books because it’s an innovative way to help fans to interact and get excited about some of the best works of fiction from the previous year,” said Jim Hilt, Vice President of eBooks at NOOK Media LLC. “Through our NOOK Book offer, we are generating more excitement about the tournament by offering customers many of the featured authors’ and judges’ books at even lower prices on NOOK devices and through NOOK.com.”
"From the beginning, NOOK by Barnes & Noble was a natural fit for us as a presenting sponsor of the Tournament of Books," said Rosecrans Baldwin, co-founder of the Tournament of Books. "At the most basic level, the event celebrates discovering excellent new works of fiction. Barnes & Noble's passion for new literature, whether it's in the Barnes & Noble Review or the Discover Great New Writers program, seemed to just match with why we started the Tournament in the first place."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV