SHANGHAI, March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Life Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: LIFE) today announced that its Applied Biosystems 3500xL Dx Genetic Analyzer has been approved by China's State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) for clinical diagnostic use in China and the launch of 10 Assays from its joint venture with Daan Gene. The development marks a major extension of Life Technologies' capabilities to serve the clinical end market in China with Sanger-based solutions.
The 3500xL Dx is an automated 24 capillary-based Sanger Sequencer designed for a wide range of sequencing applications. It delivers high quality performance, higher throughput and increased productivity for clinical laboratories around the world.
Together with Life Technologies' genetic analyzer 3500 Dx that was approved by SFDA for IVD use in 2011 in China, the 3500 series genetic analyzers are intended for use in a wide range of applications in the process of clinical research, including de novo sequencing and mutational profiling as well as HLA typing. The newly expanded offering of both the 3500 Dx and the 3500xL Dx provides hospitals of all sizes the flexibility they need to meet their unique throughput demands.
Based on the 3500 Dx series platform, ten assays have been developed or licensed by Guangzhou Life Technologies DaAn Diagnostics Co. Ltd, a joint venture that established in 2012 between Life Technologies and Daan Gene Co. Ltd. of Sun Yat Sen University. These assays will be used for genotypic and drug resistance testing, cancer mutation identification and the prenatal chromosome disorder detection. Currently, nine out of the ten assays are Research Use Only kits and the other one that can be used in Trisomy 21 prenatal screening for Down syndrome is SFDA registered. The company is currently conducting clinical trials and is actively seeking the SFDA approval for the remaining nine kits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV