), the global
and data center company, today announced availability of NetApp Private Storage for AWS in Equinix International Business Exchange (IBX
) data centers where AWS Direct Connect is deployed including the United States and Asia. The new solution enables organizations to leverage on-demand cloud compute services while retaining full control of their data; data remains secure on a private NetApp storage array.
NetApp Private Storage for AWS allows organizations to balance private and public cloud resources to best meet their business needs. This enables companies to maintain control of their data, comply with the most stringent privacy and security standards, and deliver sub-5ms performance.
- Customers with heavy storage and compute needs can now combine NetApp Private Storage with AWS Direct Connect, to gain all the cost and agility benefits of public cloud while meeting rigorous compliance and security standards, retaining control over data, and maintaining high-levels of application performance.
- When located within an Equinix IBX data center, NetApp Private Storage for AWS enables sub-5ms response times on data traveling between the hosted NetApp array and AWS. Other data center providers claiming a “direct connection” to public cloud services use long-haul circuits for the connection, which introduces additional latency and impairs performance.
- Companies can use NetApp Private Storage for AWS for a wide range of applications, such as disaster recovery, development and test, burst, tiered data back-up and recovery, big data analytics, and more.
- NetApp Private Storage for AWS has been deployed and tested in Equinix data centers located in Silicon Valley and Ashburn, VA. Demo platforms will be made available for testing and validation by Equinix customers in Singapore, Silicon Valley, and Ashburn IBXs.
- Jon Mellon , vice president and general manager, Americas Telco/Service Providers, NetApp:“Our partnership with Equinix puts NetApp in the perfect position to give businesses control over a highly flexible mix of on-premise and cloud resources. We believe this offering is truly a unique opportunity for enterprises to increase agility and reduce cost by using hybrid resources to optimize business outcomes.”
- Melanie Posey , research vice president, Hosting and Managed Network Services, IDC:“NetApp Private Storage for AWS offers enterprises a ‘toe in the water’ approach to public cloud — leveraging its scalability and elasticity with the added benefit of maintaining control of and easy access to private storage. Secure private filers may also help mitigate barriers to enterprise cloud services adoption, particularly for organizations concerned about securing corporate data in the cloud. For companies concerned about cloud performance issues, this offering facilitates high security and low latency through the ability to physically connect enterprise infrastructure to public clouds in a secure data center environment, thus avoiding the potential threats of public Internet connectivity.”
- Greg Adgate , general manager global alliances and partnerships, Equinix:“Equinix’s robust cloud ecosystem makes Platform Equinix an ideal place to combine NetApp Private Storage with AWS Direct Connect. By taking down the barriers of cloud service adoption, we believe the solution will help both cloud consumers and cloud service providers accelerate business and maximize revenue streams.”
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.