Cal Dive International, Inc. (NYSE:DVR) announced today that it has been awarded a contract by Pemex Exploración y Producción for the engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning of 12 kilometers of eight inch subsea pipeline and associated tie-ins on four existing platforms located in the Abkatun-Pol-Chuc Field in the Bay of Campeche. The contract is expected to generate total revenue of approximately $63 million and will utilize three of the Company’s vessels. The offshore construction is expected to commence in the third quarter 2013.
The Company is also providing an update on its previously disclosed expected first quarter results. The current expectation is that the first quarter results will be lower than those estimated during the fourth quarter 2012 earnings conference call but still significantly improved over first quarter of 2012. The primary reasons for the adjustment in estimate include zero utilization days in March for the dive support vessel Texas in West Africa due to the unexpected cancellation of its contracted work that was previously scheduled for the month due to a change in the client’s project plans, higher than expected employee medical costs, and lower than expected pricing for surface diving services in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.
Cal Dive International, Inc., headquartered in Houston, Texas, is a marine contractor that provides an integrated offshore construction solution to its customers, including manned diving, pipelay and pipe burial, platform installation and salvage, and light well intervention services to the offshore oil and natural gas industry on the Gulf of Mexico OCS, Northeastern U.S., Latin America, Southeast Asia, China, Australia, West Africa, the Middle East and Europe, with a diversified fleet of surface and saturation dive support vessels and construction barges.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV