Frost & Sullivan: Advanced Technologies To Create Robust Growth In Commercial Trailer Market
Diesel fuel volatility and more regulations will lead to fleet managers and owner-operators pulling advanced technologies rather than OEMs pushing them. With increasing competition, all of these technologies have and continue to compete for the purchase dollars of fleet managers, which leads to certain segments growing at the expense of others.
"Fleets are looking toward advanced trailer technologies to enhance and optimize fleet productivity through the usage of telematics, safety systems (RSC, ATIS, TPMS), trailer aerodynamics, and chassis systems," noted Lau. "While OEMs can use advanced technologies to differentiate products from competitors, too many technologies chasing too few consumer dollars will make it difficult for OEMs to choose the right set of technologies for vertical integration."
Overall, advanced technologies that reduce the trailer form factor enable connectivity with fleet management hubs, improve trailer safety, reduce trailer downtime and seamlessly integrate with tractor technologies are becoming vital in catalyzing trailer design. Trailer OEMs and suppliers must use this trend to create new and potentially lucrative revenue streams.
Strategic Analysis of North American Semi-Trailer Advanced Technology Markets is part of the Automotive & Transportation Growth Partnership Services program, which also includes research in the following markets: Commercial Vehicle Industry Subscription, North American Automotive Aftermarket Subscription, European Automotive Subscription, and North American Advanced Automotive Technologies Subscription. All research services included in subscriptions provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends that have been evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants.About Frost & Sullivan Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts