That marketshare BlackBerry shed should have gone to Microsoft. Obviously it didn't. It should come as no shock that BlackBerry lost marketshare in January, but it should alarm you if you want to see Microsoft do well, that it didn't gain any.
Microsoft should be doing now what BlackBerry will do in the second half of the year/beginning of next -- slowly, but surely gaining marketshare and solidifying itself as a distant, yet relatively formidable number three to Google and Apple.
--Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV