Xplore Technologies Corp. (NASDAQ: XPLR), the manufacturer of the world’s most powerful, longest-lasting and rugged tablet in the market, has announced the newest addition to its rugged tablet portfolio, the iX104C5-M2. The new rugged tablet is an upgrade to Xplore Technologies’ current iX104C5-M, and is made to specifically meet the specialized security needs of military and government personnel.
The new iX104C5-M2 introduces additional hardware security with a fully integrated common access card (CAC) reader, which provides a secure and more trusted platform experience for military personnel. An ISO 7816 smart card issued by the U.S. government must be inserted into the device to access information appropriate to the user’s security clearance on the tablet. The CAC reader ensures that critical data is only accessible by the appropriate, qualified user. Since the CAC card is completely contained within the iX104C5-M2 CAC reader, it poses no threat of possible damage resulting from foreign objects.
“With the addition of an integrated CAC reader, military personnel will know that mission-critical information is contained securely on their mobile device,” said Dan Morris, director of military programs for Xplore Technologies. “And like all of our other products, the new iX104C5-M2 is a wholly field upgradable rugged tablet that makes military and government organizations nimble and effective, no matter what conditions they might find themselves in.”
The iX104C5-M2 rugged tablet is outfitted with an Intel® Core™ i7 processor, is Windows 8 compatible, and offers the most advanced performance platform in its class. The speed and efficiency of Xplore’s military tablets allows federal and Department of Defense users to deploy high-end enterprise level applications with confidence and reliability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV