March 26, 2013
At A Glance:
- Daniel Craig drove the All-New Range Rover Sport in live reveal through Midtown Manhattan
- British actor stars in short film by acclaimed Hollywood director Jonathan P. B. Taylor
- New York is Range Rover's biggest metropolitan market and the Range Rover Sport is Land Rover's best-selling vehicle in the US
- The All-New Range Rover Sport is the fastest, most agile and technology packed Land Rover ever
- All-new high strength aluminum structure provides a weight savings of approximately 800lbs. over the previous generation Range Rover Sport
- Superbly crafted, luxurious interior
- Choice of 340hp supercharged V6 or 510hp supercharged V8 engines
- Available new fully automatic Terrain Response ® 2 system
Land Rover celebrated the global debut of the all-new Range Rover Sport at an exclusive star-studded VIP reception at Skylight at Moynihan Station in
New York City
. In a scene reminiscent of a
revealed the all-new Range Rover Sport by driving it through the streets of one of the world's most dynamic cities. The British actor, who was entrusted to deliver the fastest, most agile and responsive Land Rover to date vehicle for its first unveiling to the world, skillfully handled the car, drove it through closed off streets and delivered the all-new Range Rover Sport as guests anticipated the exciting reveal.
After the Range Rover Sport was unveiled, Land Rover celebrated at a star-studded reception where guests included
, the co-host of
Live! With Kelly and Michael
, lead singer of
Simon Le Bon
; jewelry designer and model
and Olympic athlete
Speaking ahead of the official world premiere at the New York International Auto Show, Land Rover Global Brand Director
said, "The all-new Range Rover Sport is an extraordinary car and we have revealed it in an extraordinary way – live on the streets of its biggest selling market. It turned heads and it stopped traffic in one of the most dynamic cities in the world."
"The new Range Rover Sport represents a step change in engineering and technology; it is almost half a ton lighter resulting in significant CO
savings and it's faster, more agile and more dynamic than ever."
The dynamic and thrilling drive was filmed as part of a short film titled 'The Delivery'. It was broadcast live by Land Rover at
and told the story of the British brand staging a global reveal live on the streets of its biggest market. Directed by action film 2
Jonathan P. B. Taylor
, the film tells the story of a driver tasked with delivering a top secret package. The film starts at the Land Rover manufacturing plant in
, and details the car's journey to
, where actor
expertly drives through the streets of the city, over Manhattan Bridge and through a closed off tunnel to get it to the launch venue on time.
Craig was attracted to working with Land Rover not only because of his love for the British brand and its vehicles – but also because both he and the brand share a link with the charity S.A.F.E., of which he is a patron. Land Rover, having previously donated a Land Rover Defender to the Kenyan NGO and UK Charity 4 years ago, is delighted to continue its support and is donating an additional vehicle to the charity later this year.