GTU Plant View
In a 12-day production period in January and with only one turbine operating, we registered an average net gas production of 3.2 kboepd (0.5 M m³/d), while in February, operating with 2 turbines since February 9 th, we registered an average net gas production of 5.5 kboepd (0.9 M m³/d). The third turbine was synchronized with the system on March 16, 2013.
During 2012, we accelerated the project’s implementation, concluding the construction of the plant and most of the facilities for the GTU operation. We also obtained all necessary licenses (preliminary, installation and operation) authorizing the commencement of natural gas production in the Gavião Real and Gavião Azul fields.
The GTU commissioning was initiated at the end of November 2012, and lasted approximately two months. Performance was in-line with our expectations. In addition, the drilling and completion of all 16 production wells planned for this phase of the project have been concluded, and the wells which are not yet producing are in the process of connection to the GTU. We also concluded the drilling of the water disposal wells, GVR-15D and GVR-16D, which will be completed soon.
The table below shows the pro-forma GTU EBITDA after the first two months of operations. The EBITDA margin of approximately 73% reflects the asset’s profitability, still leaving space for margin increase with the full ramp-up of our production with the final commissioning of the two remaining turbines.
|Operation Period¹||6 days||31 days|
|OGX Maranhão gas production - in Mm3||3.62||35.42||39.04|
|Royalties & Landowners' right||(272||)||(1,038||)||(1,310||)|
|% EBITDA / Revenue||57.88||%||76.37||%||72.91||%|
EBITDA / Mm3 - (R$/Mm3)
|¹ Closing date for accounting numbers: 25 th day of the month|
|² Gross revenue composed by gas sales revenue and GTU rental revenue|
|³ Sales taxes composed by: PIS/COFINS/ICMS|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV