"Based on the increased demand for new homes in the D.C. market, and our scheduled openings of additional communities, we anticipate 2013 homebuilding revenue and home settlements to be higher than in 2012," continued Clemente. "As a result, we are projecting a return to profitability for 2013. Furthermore, we believe the rebounding housing market in the D.C. area will provide an opportunity for additional growth beyond this year. Accordingly, we anticipate generating additional growth in home settlements and revenue with the goal of reaching 250-300 settlements and $125M - $150M of revenue by 2015."The Company's forecasted homebuilding revenues and settlements for 2013 is as follows (revenue in thousands):
|Homebuilding Revenue||$11,633||$10,000 - $12,000||$55,000 - $64,000|
|Home Settlements||45||18 - 22||105 - 125|
|Sales Backlog (Period end)||9||31||n/a|
|Backlog Revenue (Period end)||$5,400||$16,100||n/a|
- Subsequent to year end, the Company raised approximately $6.9 million of equity capital through a newly formed subsidiary, Comstock Investors VII, L.C. ("Investors VII'). The proceeds of the private placement are primarily being used to acquire and capitalize new residential development projects specifically: The Townes at Shady Grove Metro and The Boulevard at Shady Grove Metro in Rockville, Maryland, The Hampshires community in Washington, D.C. and Falls Grove in Manassas, Virginia. Accredited investors participating in Investors VII included unrelated third parties as well as members of the Company's management team and certain members of the Board of Directors of the Company. The terms of the offering include a preferred return equal to a maximum of 20% per annum on capital account balances with no prepayment penalty.
- Gross new order revenue for the year ended December 31, 2012 increased $4.4 million to $18.9 million on 57 homes as compared to $14.5 million on 50 homes for the year ended December 31, 2011. Net new order revenue for the year ended December 31, 2012 increased $2.3 million to $16.4 million on 51 homes as compared to $14.1 million on 48 homes for the year ended December 31, 2011. The average gross new order revenue per unit for the year ended December 31, 2012 increased by $42 to $332, as compared to $290 for the year ended December 31, 2011.
- During 2012, the Company continued to monetize existing inventory at the Penderbrook Square condominium project, where it settled 37 units reducing remaining inventory to 2 units (out of a total of 424 units) at year-end and at the Eclipse condominium project where it settled 8 units reducing remaining inventory to 19 (out of a total of 465 units). Subsequently, as of the date of this press release, the Company sold and settled all remaining units at the Penderbrook Square condominium project and reduced the inventory of remaining units at the Eclipse condominium project to 19 at year-end 2012.
- The Company announced plans to develop its latest Transit-Oriented residential community located adjacent to the Shady Grove Metro Station in Rockville, Maryland, the terminus of Metro's "Red Line". The community will include 36 upscale townhomes, 3 single-family homes, and 117 luxury apartments. The Company acquired the land on December 27, 2012 and is preparing to commence land development in spring-2013. The Company plans to commence sales of the townhomes mid-2013 with first deliveries expected in late-2013. Leasing of the apartments will commence in early-2014.
- The Company announced plans to develop its latest Prince William County, Virginia residential community located in Manassas, Virginia near the Virginia Railway Express Station. The community, to be known as Falls Grove, will include 110 townhomes and 19 single-family homes. The Company is preparing to commence land development in spring-2013 and plans to commence sales of the townhomes, priced from the high $200's, in mid-2013 with first deliveries expected in late-2013. Sales are expected to commence on the single-family homes in late 2013 or early 2014.
- In early 2012, the Company closed on the sale of its 103-unit Cascades Apartment project for $19.35 million, recognizing a gain of $6.5 million from the sale. The Cascades apartment project represented the Company's first "merchant-build" rental apartment project sale.
- During the third quarter of 2012, the Company formed Comstock Eastgate, L.C., a joint venture of Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. and BridgeCom Development I, LLC, to develop and construct Eastgate One, a 66-unit subdivision situated within the 400-unit Eastgate master-planned community located in Loudoun County. Construction on the first building containing six units, two of which are model homes, commenced in December 2012, with sales commencing in the 1st quarter of 2013. As of the date of this press release, the Company had received 15 new orders (sales contracts) for units within the Eastgate community. Settlements of homes at Eastgate began in the first quarter of 2013.
- Based on the improving market conditions, and increasing revenue potential associated with its new communities, the Company recently entered into an affiliated business arrangement with Stewart Title Insurance Company promoting the sale of title and real estate settlement services. This ancillary business venture, named Superior Title Services, LC ("STS"), is anticipated to generate additional revenue for the Company in 2013.