Secretary Napolitano Scraps Border Security As Pre-Condition For Amnesty
"It is crystal clear that the Obama Administration wants to eliminate any impediment to granting amnesty to illegal aliens," said Dan Stein, president of the FAIR. "And led by Secretary Janet Napolitano, the Department of Homeland Security is systematically laying the ground work to remove any obstacles.
"Members of Congress should think very carefully whether they are willing to support an illegal alien amnesty under these conditions. Why should Congress prioritize amnesty for illegal aliens over border security? That is not in the interest of the Americans they represent. And the notion that the Obama administration will secure the border and enforce immigration laws in the future is downright laughable if it refuses to even develop a way to measure border security.
"An overhaul of our immigration policies must be accomplished incrementally beginning with measurable steps not just to secure our borders, but also ensure effective interior and workplace enforcement," continued Stein. "It is time for Republicans on Capitol Hill to acknowledge that the Obama administration and many of their congressional colleagues are not serious about anything other than legalizing illegal aliens and stop providing them with the political cover they need to betray the interests of American workers and taxpayers," Stein concluded.
The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) is a national, nonprofit, public-interest, membership organization of concerned citizens who share a common belief that our nation's immigration policies must be reformed to serve the national interest.Visit FAIR's website at www.fairus.org. SOURCE FAIR
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV