AUBURN HILLS, Mich.
March 26, 2013
- New black exterior accents build upon exclusive 20-inch Black Vapor Chrome wheels with extra dose of menacing appearance for iconic four-door fastback coupe
- Total of 392 units will be built during 2013 and 2014 model years
- Optional package available on five different exterior body colors
- 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 engine delivers 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque for power across a significantly wider rpm range
- Fuel Saver Technology with active valve exhaust system delivers up to 23 mpg on the highway
- New for 2013, expanded adaptive damping suspension allows for three-mode selectable suspension tuning
- New for 2013, standard launch control provides enhanced straight-line acceleration
The estimated 2,500 enthusiastic attendees who brought more than 1,000 different Chrysler, Dodge and SRT vehicles to the Eighth Annual Spring Festival of LXs' this past weekend in
received an exclusive first peek at the latest limited-edition exterior package from the Chrysler Group's SRT (Street and Racing Technology) brand, as president and CEO
pulled the cover off of the new 392 Appearance Package for the Dodge Charger SRT8.
Designed to offer a modern interpretation of the classic muscle-car styling cues of the Charger SRT8, the optional 392 Appearance Package adds an extra dose of menacing appearance for iconic four-door fastback coupe, with the following new appointments:
- Custom-designed gloss black "392 HEMI" fender badges with a charcoal grey metallic insert
- Center section of power bulge hood painted in Pitch Black
- Roof painted in Pitch Black
- New satin black SRT lower-body side stripe with heavy band and accent tracer stretching from front fascia, through doors to rear fascias
- Side mirrors painted in Pitch Black
- 20-inch, split five-spoke Black Vapor Chrome wheels
- Rear spoiler painted in Pitch Black
- Availability of five exterior colors: Bright White Clear Coat, Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Plum Crazy Pearl Coat, HEMI Orange Pearl Coat and TorRed Clear Coat
- "392" engine beauty covers under the hood
- Exclusive serialized dash placque showing production build number / 392
"The Spring Festival is the perfect location to debut our new 392 Appearance Package for the Dodge Charger SRT8 to some of our most dedicated and creative performance enthusiasts on the planet," said
, President and CEO – SRT (Street and Racing Technology) Brand and Motorsports, Chrysler Group LLC. "With its numerous new exterior appointments beyond our exclusive Black Vapor Chrome wheels, not only will this new 392 Appearance Package set the Charger SRT8 apart even further, it also brings another level of exclusivity to our lineup as only 392 cars will receive this special treatment during the 2013 and 2014 model years."
The 392 Appearance Package option will cost
, and customers can begin ordering in April.
Powered by the 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 engine that offers 470 horsepower (351 kW) and 470 lb.-ft. (637 Nm) of torque across a wide rpm range, performance numbers for the 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 include 0-60 mph acceleration in the high 4-second range; quarter mile in the high 12-second range; 0-100-0 mph in less than 16 seconds; top speed of 175 mph and stopping power from 60-0 mph in 120 feet.