FENTON, MICHIGAN, March 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FENTON, MICHIGAN, MARCH 26, 2013 - Fentura Financial, Inc. announced today that the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the State of Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services, the regulators of The State Bank (the "Bank"), have released the Bank from their Consent Agreement (the "Consent") dated December 29, 2009.
"The lifting of the Consent is recognition of the progress made by our team to strengthen capital, earnings and asset quality," said Ronald Justice, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Further evidence of the strengthening of these three areas was provided by the return to profitability announced in our press release dated March 15, 2013. I am proud of our team and all of their efforts to successfully execute the Bank's business plan in order to position the Company for a prosperous future."
Fentura Financial, Inc. is a bank holding company headquartered in Fenton, Michigan. Its subsidiary bank, The State Bank, is also headquartered in Fenton with offices serving Fenton, Linden, Holly, Grand Blanc and Brighton. The Brighton area is served by Livingston Community Bank, a division of The State Bank. The Bank offers comprehensive financial services including commercial, consumer, mortgage, trust and financial planning services, and deposit products. The Bank proudly provides services from its community offices in Genesee, Oakland and Livingston Counties and through on-line and mobile banking services. More information about The State Bank is available at www.thestatebank.com.# # #
CONTACT: Fentura Financial, Inc. Ronald L. Justice President & CEO (810)629-2263
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV