* Due to rounding to the nearest cent per diluted share, totals may not equal the sum of the line items in the table above.
(1) IPO Pro Forma Adjustments give effect to the initial public offering that was completed on November 23, 2011, as if the offering had occurred at the beginning of fiscal 2011 (February 2, 2011). These pro forma adjustments reflect the following assumptions: (i) the application of the net proceeds from the initial public offering to repay debt resulting in a decrease to interest expense and a loss from debt extinguishment, (ii) the conversion of a significant portion of convertible debt for which such conversion was elected into shares of our common stock, resulting in a decrease to interest expense, a loss from debt extinguishment, (iii) the reduction in management fee expense in connection with the termination of the management agreement between J.W. Childs Associates, L.P. and the Company that became effective with the completion of the initial public offering, and (iv) the effect on diluted EPS as if the common stock shares outstanding at the completion of the offering had been outstanding for the entire period presented.
(2) On May 2, 2012, we acquired all of the equity interests of MGHC Holding Corporation (“Mattress Giant”), including 181 specialty retail stores. On September 25, 2012, we acquired the leasehold interests, store assets, distribution center assets and related inventories, and assumption of certain liabilities of Mattress XPress, Inc. and Mattress XPress of Georgia, Inc. (collectively, “Mattress X-Press”), including 34 mattress specialty retail stores. On December 11, 2012, we acquired the assets and operations of Factory Mattress & Water Bed Outlet of Charlotte, Inc. (“Mattress Source”), including 27 mattress specialty stores. Acquisition-related costs, consisting of direct transaction costs and integration costs, are included in the results of operations as incurred. During the thirteen and fifty-two weeks ended January 29, 2013, we incurred $1.9 million and $12.0 million of acquisition-related costs, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV