Denham, Millwood Re-elected As Officers Of Oglethorpe Power
ATLANTA, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Oglethorpe Power Corporation's Board of Directors has re-elected Benny W. Denham of Sycamore, Ga. as its chairman and Marshall S. Millwood of Gainesville, Ga. as vice chairman. The election took place at a Board meeting following the Oglethorpe Power annual meeting.
This is Denham's eleventh consecutive term as Board chairman and Millwood's second term as vice chairman. The two, elected from Oglethorpe Power's Board of Directors, will hold their officers' positions for the next year.
Denham, a member of the Irwin Electric Membership Corporation (EMC) Board, Ocilla, Ga., is an at-large member director of the Oglethorpe Power Board. Millwood, a member of the Sawnee EMC Board, Cumming, Ga., is also an at-large member director of the Oglethorpe Power Board.
In elections at the annual meeting, Denham was also re-elected to the Oglethorpe Power Board. Others re-elected to the board include Sam Simonton, Walton EMC; Fred McWhorter, Rayle EMC; George Weaver, Central Georgia EMC; and Hill Bentley, Tri-County EMC.Oglethorpe Power Corporation (OPC) is one of the nation's largest power supply cooperatives with more than $8 billion in assets serving 38 Electric Membership Corporations which, collectively, provide electricity to 4.1 million Georgians. A proponent of conscientious energy development and use, OPC balances reliable and affordable energy with environmental responsibility and has an outstanding record of regulatory compliance. Its diverse energy portfolio includes natural gas, hydroelectric, coal and nuclear generating plants with a combined capacity of approximately 7,060 megawatts (MW), as well as purchased power. OPC was established in 1974 and is owned by its 38 Member Systems. It is headquartered in Tucker, Georgia. For more information, check the web site at www.opc.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV