Car Photographer's Spy Camp Fulfills Fantasies
AUSTIN, Texas, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- If you have seen photos of vehicles shrouded in camo or weird tribal symbols to obscure their identity, you know the work of spy photographer, Brenda Priddy. For more than two decades, Priddy has excelled at shooting pre-launch vehicles while they are being put through their paces, according to Linda Water Nelson, editor of INSIDEout: Cars & Trucks, and sports vehicle editor of Texas Fish & Game Magazine.
In an interview with Priddy, she says that she decided to try spy photography in 1992 when she spotted two lightly camouflaged cars. She came back to shoot pictures of what turned out to be the 1994 Ford Mustang. She pitched the shots to Automobile magazine and they used one on the cover, she explained.
"For as long as I can remember, people have been begging to ride along and learn the ropes, but Brenda -- one of only a few people who have mastered the field -- has declined. Now she is opening the flood gates for the wanna-bes who want to try what she does so well," says Nelson.
This summer, Priddy is running her first spy camp at an undisclosed location in middle-of-nowhere Nevada. Ten lucky attendees per session pay a fee and their expenses, including having a vehicle, to get a taste of the spy photographer's life. Attendees must be over 21 and have their own gear. "Safety is critical and we won't pay traffic fines or bail. I'm not a tour guide and this is totally unofficial," Priddy told Nelson.Vehicle makers desert test discretely in the southwest to avoid photographers. Summer is the most fertile time – and Priddy's busiest – so the amateurs should have plenty to talk about at debriefings daily. She also says that no one should plan to quit their day job after the spy experience. They will learn about how it's done and about selling their work, the photographer added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV