Statement By The Honourable James Moore, Minister Of Canadian Heritage And Official Languages, On The Presentation Of The CBC Short Story Prize And The Prix De La Nouvelle Radio-Canada
OTTAWA, March 26, 2013 /CNW/ - The CBC Short Story Prize and the Prix de la nouvelle Radio-Canada today recognized and rewarded Canadian talent by highlighting original works by writers in both official languages. The prizes were awarded to the best original, unpublished, Canadian-authored short stories.
This year's finalists have shown us once again that Canada has a wealth of wonderful storytellers who work in diverse literary genres. They successfully entertain us, educate us, and make important contributions to our rich cultural heritage.
Our Government is proud to support authors and the publishing of books, an important part of our distinctive identity and dynamic culture. Each year, publishers supported by the Canada Book Fund produce well over 6,000 new Canadian-authored titles by more than 4,000 Canadian writers and translators.
On behalf of Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Government of Canada, I congratulate all this year's finalists and the two winners, Becky Blake for The Three Times Rule (CBC Short Story Prize) and Fabien Philippe for Janken (Prix de la nouvelle Radio-Canada).SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV