H.I.M. ON CALL Launches Dual Coding Service To Help Hospitals Prepare For ICD-10
ALLENTOWN, Pa., March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- H.I.M. ON CALL, a technology-driven outsourced services company for health information management (HIM), coding and revenue cycle, announces the availability of its dual coding services for hospitals migrating from ICD-9 to ICD-10. Dual Coding is a precursor to end-to-end testing of ICD-10. Payers want to test with providers that can submit ICD-10 codes. The new, dual coding service from H.I.M. ON CALL provides the people, processes and technology required for dual coding and supports ICD-10 testing with payers. The announcement was made by Manny Pena, RHIA, President, H.I.M. ON CALL.
Expert, outsourced coders from H.I.M. ON CALL perform ICD-10 coding via remote or onsite options; allowing the hospitals' internal coding team to focus on day-to-day production or ICD-10 training, education and ramp-up. The firm generates dual coding data output and analytics to identify gaps in clinical documentation for ICD-10. Back-up ICD-9 coding services are also available.
"Dual Coding's data and analytics support our customers' clinical documentation improvement (CDI) ramp-up for ICD-10," explains Pena. Specific documentation weaknesses and target areas for revenue loss under ICD-10 are identified. Some of the features of the new dual coding service include:
- Perform dual coding (ICD-9 and ICD-10) for up to one year prior to October 1, 2014.
- Support end-to-end testing initiatives by providing ICD-10 coded cases.
- Provide monthly summary, data and analytics of CDI issues (ICD-9 and ICD-10).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts