International real estate investment and services firm Kennedy Wilson ( NYSE: KW) today announced that KW Residential, LLC, the company’s unconsolidated Japanese venture, refinanced part of its multifamily portfolio with a $115 million seven-year fixed-rate loan at 1.35%.
“We are very pleased to be able to do our first seven year loan in Japan while at the same time locking in the lowest interest rate in the company’s history,” said Matt Windisch, executive vice president of Kennedy Wilson. “Our Japanese business has been a source of stable and growing cash flow for the company and this loan will help continue that trend.”
Additionally, the company announced that KW Residential, LLC completed a $7 million refinancing of a different part of its portfolio for five years, also at a fixed rate of 1.35%. KW Residential, LLC’s property financing in Japan totals $300 million with a weighted average interest rate of 1.69% and average maturity date of January 2018.
Kennedy Wilson has been active in Japanese real estate since 1992, and in 2002, one of the company’s former subsidiaries became one of the first U.S. real estate companies to go public in Japan.About Kennedy Wilson Founded in 1977, Kennedy Wilson is an international real estate investment and services company headquartered in Beverly Hills, CA with 24 offices in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Spain and Japan. The company offers a comprehensive array of real estate services including auction, conventional sales, property services, research and investment management. Through its fund management and separate account businesses, Kennedy Wilson is a strategic investor of real estate investments in the U.S., Europe and Japan. For further information on Kennedy Wilson, please visit www.kennedywilson.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV