New Resource Promises Information, Education And Inspiration When It Comes To Epilepsy In Canada
E-Action™ designed for the 300,000 living with the neurological disorder 1
OAKVILLE, ON, March 26, 2013 /CNW/ - Canadians with epilepsy, as well as their family, friends and caregivers, now have an exciting new information source and support network. E-Action™ - Taking Action Against Epilepsy strives to provide a caring and informative environment for those touched by the disorder.
E-Action™ includes a broad range of interactive education and information resources, including a magazine, a website, a mobile application (App), and a leader program that features 10 inspirational Canadians living well with epilepsy.
"Epilepsy associations across the country have been working tirelessly to help people with epilepsy live the best quality of life possible. E-Action™ is a fantastic resource to help us do just that," said Gail Dempsey, President, Canadian Epilepsy Alliance (CEA)."The program will go a long way in raising the profile of epilepsy, and ensuring that those living with the disorder can connect with the medical community, local epilepsy agencies, and their wider communities to obtain the best care and treatment available." E-Action™ is an initiative of UCB Canada Inc., a global biopharmaceutical company committed to improving the lives of people with epilepsy, one of the most common neurological disorders, affecting approximately 1% of Canadians. 1 Despite the wide reach of this debilitating condition, there is a lack of awareness and knowledge about epilepsy, leading to social isolation, work barriers and relationship issues. Awareness needs in Canada In a survey released in 2011 2, just over half of the respondents said their independence is restricted, and 56% mentioned it as their number one challenge. Stigma, discrimination and the lack of awareness about epilepsy among Canadians was mentioned as the number two challenge faced by 38% of respondents, along with the impact of the disorder on their social life. E-Action™ tools and programming are designed to help those with epilepsy understand and take more control of their condition and educate others.
- E-Action™ magazine provides educational and inspiring stories about Canadians living well with epilepsy. It shares insights from medical experts, updates from community leaders and other informative content.
- E-Action.ca enables visitors to locate education and support resources coast-to-coast, and provides up-to-date news.
- E-Action™ Info is a mobile application (App) designed to help educate users. It includes important and interesting information about epilepsy and seizures, management tips, as well as seizure First Aid for caregivers and the public. Currently available on iPhones, iPads and the iPod Touch, it also features a unique teaching tool, the Brain Game, which explains different parts and functions of the brain.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV