Independent Third Party Confirms Gevalia House Blend Earns More Taste Preference in National Taste Test
GLENVIEW, Ill., March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, Gevalia is asking coffee lovers to raise their mugs to celebrate an exciting announcement: More coffee drinkers prefer the taste of Gevalia House Blend bag coffee over the taste of Starbucks House Blend bag coffee.
The results of a national taste test(i) conducted by an independent third party show that nearly 60 percent (59.7 percent) of coffee drinkers preferred the taste of Gevalia House Blend over the taste of Starbucks House Blend. Only 34 percent of participants preferred the taste of Starbucks House Blend while 6.3 percent showed no taste preference.For serious coffee lovers, taste is one of the most critically important factors when choosing a premium coffee brand. And premium taste does not need to be sacrificed when brewing at home. "Consumer research has shown that coffee drinkers point to taste as a key consideration when purchasing premium coffee," said Greg Guidotti, Senior Director of Premium Coffee and e-Commerce. "We are confident we have a better tasting House Blend coffee than the top-selling brand, which this independent taste test has now confirmed." Powerful Swedish Heritage Gevalia Kaffe has been refining the art of luxurious coffee since 1853, when founder Victor Theodor Engwall began importing and roasting the world's finest beans in the seaside town of Gävle, Sweden. Today, Gevalia brings unexpected Swedish-style luxury taste to grocery aisles nationwide. The brand is promoting the taste test results with an integrated marketing campaign which invites coffee drinkers to experience the luxurious and rich, yet incredibly smooth taste of Gevalia for themselves. Campaign elements include television, print and online advertising as well as sponsored house parties which give consumers an opportunity to try Gevalia House Blend in their own home among friends and family. Taste Importance The results of the taste test made Gevalia want to understand more about coffee drinkers' loyalty to taste when choosing a brew. A national survey(ii) showed exactly how serious coffee lovers are when it comes to a coffee they prefer.
- Look Good or Taste Good? : Nearly two-thirds of coffee drinkers would recommend their favorite coffee brand to family and friends (64 percent), while only 29 percent would recommend their favorite hair stylist.
- Brand Loyalty : Forty percent of coffee drinkers have driven to another store in search of their favorite brand.
- Worse Than Work? : Few things are worse than getting stuck late at work, but nearly four out of 10 coffee drinkers (39 percent) would rather stay late at the office than hand over their cup of coffee.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts