Former CIA Director To Keynote Auto Industry Conference Focused On Alternative Fuels And Achieving MPG Goals
SOUTHFIELD, Mich., March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- R. James Woolsey, former director of the Central Intelligence Agency and co-founder of the US Energy Security Council, will lead off a panel discussion with executives from Ford, GM, Toyota and Chrysler at a meeting in Southfield, MI March 28 that will focus on how the automotive industry plans to achieve the EPA-mandated CAFE equivalent of 54.5 mpg by 2025 and reduce CO2 emissions.
The meeting is sponsored by the Society of Automotive Analysts and is themed "Future Fuels and Powertrains: A Reality Check." It will take place from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Federal-Mogul Corp. headquarters in Southfield, Mich.
Knowing that America is heading for a crisis because of U.S. dependence on petroleum in the face of exploding global demand, Woolsey co-founded the U.S. Energy Security Council to do something about it.
Joining Woolsey will be:
- Sandy Stojkovski , president, Scenaria, Inc.
- Gregg Black , senior manager, Advanced Engine Systems Development, Chrysler
- John Viera , global director, Sustainability & Vehicle Environmental Matters, Ford
- Justin Ward , general manager, Powertrain System Control Group, Toyota
- Daniel Frakes , manager, Vehicle Fuels & Advance Technology Policy, General Motors
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV