1. As of noon trading, Exxon Mobil Corporation ( XOM) is up $0.94 (1.1%) to $89.96 on average volume Thus far, 5.0 million shares of Exxon Mobil Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $89.36-$90.10 after having opened the day at $89.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.02. Exxon Mobil Corporation engages in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas, and manufacture of petroleum products. The company also transports and sells crude oil, natural gas, and petroleum products. It has approximately 37,228 gross and 31,264 net operated wells. Exxon Mobil Corporation has a market cap of $400.1 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Exxon Mobil Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Exxon Mobil Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Exxon Mobil Corporation Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the basic materials sector could consider Materials Select Sector SPDR ( XLB) while those bearish on the basic materials sector could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts