1. As of noon trading, BB&T ( BBT) is up $0.28 (0.9%) to $31.10 on average volume Thus far, 1.7 million shares of BB&T exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $30.83-$31.21 after having opened the day at $30.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.82. BB&T Corporation operates as a financial holding company that provides various banking and trust services for retail and commercial clients. BB&T has a market cap of $21.6 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate BB&T a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 18 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BB&T as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full BB&T Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the banking industry could consider KBW Bank ETF ( KBE) while those bearish on the banking industry could consider ProShares Short KBW Regional Bankng ( KRS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts