Economic Action Plan 2013: Connecting Canadians With Available Jobs
OTTAWA, March 26, 2013 /CNW/ - The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Minister for La Francophonie, on behalf of the Honourable Diane Finley, Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, today highlighted key Economic Action Plan 2013 measures that will address Canada's overall skills and labour shortages and transform the way Canadians receive skills training, in his remarks at Willis Career College in Ottawa, Ontario.
"While our economy continues to grow and create jobs, the global economy remains fragile and a growing mismatch exists between available jobs and those looking for work," said Minister Blaney. "By helping Canadians connect with available jobs, and putting a new focus on skills and training, we are ensuring continued economic growth, job creation and long-term prosperity."
Economic Action Plan 2013 announces specific new measures to address skills mismatches and labour shortages. These include:
- Introducing the new Canada Job Grant through renewed Labour Market Agreements, which will transform the way Canadians receive training by placing skills training decisions in the hands of employers and Canadian workers. The new Grant will provide $15,000 or more per person, with a maximum federal contribution of $5,000. It will also ensure greater involvement and engagement of employers in training Canadians for the jobs that are in demand.
- Working with the provinces and territories to harmonize requirements to help apprentices obtain their accreditation and create opportunities, as part of addressing shortages in skilled trades across the country.
- Providing support to groups that are under-represented in the job market, such as people with disabilities, youth, Aboriginal people and newcomers.
"The quality of our workforce must remain one of our greatest strengths," added Minister Blaney. "By governments, businesses, universities, colleges, unions, training institutions and other groups working together, we can make this happen."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV