- Theatre and performance studies: Student majors will be able to take advantage of the University's working relationships with Chicago theatre professionals. The major prepares students to fill multiple roles in the city's many small theatre spaces, and trains them to develop performances for progressive social change.
- Communication studies: Civil engagement and social responsibility are key components of this curriculum. Students focus on topics such as intercultural communication, critical reading and writing, and rhetorical theory and analysis. The curriculum focuses on service learning, experiential learning, and conflict transformation, with many internship possibilities throughout the city.
- Media studies: This major develops media-literate students and media producers in journalism, screenwriting, audio production and video production. The curriculum focuses on the intersection of media with social justice issues such as race, class and gender in the United States and globally. Many media studies students work as interns in media organizations throughout Chicago.
North Park University To Offer Three Communication Arts Majors
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts