ASA Gold and Precious Metals Limited (NYSE: ASA) reported that total return for the three months ended February 28, 2013, based on ASA’s net asset value (NAV), was negative 18.0%, including the reinvestment of dividends. At fiscal quarter end, the NAV of the Company was $19.82 per share versus $30.62 per share a year earlier.
For the three months ended February 28, 2013, the total return based on ASA’s share price was negative 14.4%. The return for the FTSE Gold Mines Total Return Index during the same period was negative 18.6%.
The closing price of ASA’s shares on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on February 28, 2013 was $18.84, representing a share price discount to NAV of 4.9%. The share price of closed-end funds, like ASA, is determined by trading activity in the open market and consequently may reflect a premium to (higher than) or discount to (lower than) its underlying NAV.
|February 28, 2013||February 29, 2012|
|Amount||Per Share||Amount||Per Share|
|Net investment income (loss)||$||(201,482)||$||(0.01)||$||(503,155)||$||(0.03)|
|Ending shares outstanding||19,289,905||19,289,905|
Established in 1958, ASA Gold and Precious Metals Limited is a closed-end precious metals and mining fund (NYSE: ASA) registered with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and domiciled in Bermuda. The Company is one of the oldest investment management firms focused solely on the precious metals and mining industry. Managed by an experienced investment team, ASA invests primarily in the securities of companies engaged in the exploration, mining or processing of gold, silver, platinum, diamonds or other precious minerals. Investment decisions are supported with thorough bottom-up analysis based on fundamental research, due diligence mine visits and hundreds of meetings with mining executives and specialists each year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV