Automotive Legend And American Icon Carroll Shelby Has Been Inducted Into The Sports Car Club Of America (SCCA) Hall Of Fame. (Photo: Business Wire)
Carroll Shelby, founder of the Carroll Shelby Foundation, Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc., and Shelby American, Inc., wholly owned subsidiaries of Carroll Shelby International Inc., (Pink Sheets:CSBI), has been inducted into the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Hall of Fame. The induction ceremony took place at the SCCA’s Annual Meeting on March 2, 2013, at the South Point Hotel in Las Vegas. The award will reside with the Carroll Hall Shelby Trust and eventually the Carroll Shelby Foundation, established by the automotive legend in 1991 after his successful heart transplant.
“Carroll Shelby is an icon in the automotive performance industry,” said SCCA President and CEO, Jeff Dahnert. “He impacted the SCCA as a competitor, as an automotive designer and builder, and his influence within the motorsports world elevated SCCA. We are very proud to have had him as a member of the SCCA and now as a member of the SCCA Hall of Fame.”
Carroll Shelby was involved with the SCCA for well over 50 years and his impact on the club continues today. As a driver, he took home the SCCA National Championship in 1956. When Shelby turned professional, he won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1959 and competed in eight Formula One races before his career was cut short with a heart ailment.
Shelby’s involvement with the SCCA continued in the 1960s through his Cobra sports car and then his efforts turned the Ford GT40 into a winner that defeated Ferrari. Shelby is also known as the man who turned America’s “secretary car” into a pony car. In 49 SCCA National Championship Runoffs, 35 drivers have won in a Mustang or Shelby Cobra.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV